Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Part Time Lower School Nursing Position
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, , is looking for an experienced, part time nurse on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the Lower School to begin August of 2019. The part-time Lower School Nurse works collaboratively to support the learning experience of students by providing students with health care and evaluating their health needs.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing major and minor first aid to students and referring students to community agencies and clinics as required
- Developing and implementing health and safety policies and procedures in support of the school's mission and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Consulting with and providing advice to the administration, faculty, and staff regarding students' specific health issues which may impact their learning experience
- Serving as health education resource contact for students, parents, and employees
- Maintaining student health/medical files
- Filing required state reports
- In collaboration with the Lower School Office, developing the emergency drill schedule
- Providing emergency response team training
- Arranging for various Lower School health screenings
- Teaching several sessions of Human Development and Health in conjunction with the science department as required
- Serving as a member of the Lower School Admin Team
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, Lower School or the Senior Administrative Team
In addition, a candidate should possess the following professional and personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- Commitment to professional growth and to high professional standards
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills
- A minimum of five years experience in a related field of nursing
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Brentwood Lower School
12001 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049