Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Associate Director of College Counseling
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking resumes from qualified candidates interested in a full time Associate Director of College Counseling position. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented with an interest in working with high school students, their families, college representatives, faculty and administrators.
The principal responsibilities of an Associate Director include:
- Assisting and advising students and their families as they move through the college research, application, and selection process
- Reading, editing, and giving feedback on student essays
- Writing letters of recommendation
- Maintaining regular communication with students and parents throughout the process
- Staying up-to-date on all college related activities and assisting with college communications
- Assisting with the coordination and presentation of appropriate informational events for parents
- Conferring individually with students about college and career opportunities, high school curriculum choices, and the athletic recruitment process
- Advise students about course selections and the course scheduling process
- Assisting in the coordination of technological efforts, including Brentwood's website and Naviance system
- Helping with the updating of office materials, including Brentwood School's profile and other publications
- Meeting with college representatives when they visit Brentwood School and establishing solid working relationships with admissions counselors throughout the country
- Engaging actively in the Brentwood School community, including attending sporting events, performing arts productions, and other student activities
- Sharing chaperone responsibilities with the other members of the Brentwood College Counseling Team for Brentwood's spring college trips
- Promoting Brentwood's reputation with colleges by serving as an advocate for students and by attending state and national conferences
Additional attributes include:
- A detail-oriented approach to work and outstanding communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
- The energy, patience, and sense of humor necessary to work effectively with high-school students and their families
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, and the ability to learn additional software such as Naviance
- Ideal candidates have at least 5 years of experience in admissions, college counseling or a related field, preferably at both the college and high school levels
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A Bachelor's degree is required with advanced degrees preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school's website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to Amy Fairchild, the College Counseling Assistant. Ms. Fairchild can be reached through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (310) 889-2713.