Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
ED Tech Associate Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for an Associate Teacher to work with our Educational Technology teacher. Brentwood School Associates teach in an environment partnered with a Lead Teacher.
- Plan and co-teach weekly EdTech classes using computer software, iPad apps and STEAM-related experiences along with the EdTech Specialist
- Plan, support, and facilitate technology-rich curriculum along with the EdTech Specialist and Lower School homeroom teachers
- Work with the EdTEch Specialist and homeroom teachers to enhance lessons through new uses of technology
- Plan and co-lead Professional Development for faculty and staff in conjunction with the EdTech Specialist
○New teacher technology orientation workshops
○Training on network operating system, email, and school-wide systems
○Training on curriculum related software
○Offering technology related courses for faculty and staff to promote lifelong learning and develop technology competencies
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of online learning environments
- Plan and co-lead parent and student seminars and workshops in conjunction with the EdTech Specialist
- Understand current technology practices both in and out of the classroom
- Contribute to making recommendations involving the purchase of new hardware and software for faculty
- Implement the long-range technology plan in consultation with the EdTech Specialist and the Director of Educational Technology
- Other duties as assigned by the Ed TEch Specialist of the school's administrative team
Experience and Training:
- BA Degree required; Master's Degree and student teaching and/or experience in a school environment is strongly preferred
In addition, a candidate should possess the following skills and personal qualities:
- High degree of technical aptitude
- Ability to work accurately under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director