Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Facilities Manager to begin immediately.
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Summary of Position: Brentwood School is located on two campuses in West Los Angeles encompassing a total of approximately 30 acres. The Facilities Department is responsible for construction, maintenance, buildings and grounds, custodial services, shipping/receiving, events and transportation support. Under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Manager, helps to ensure that the Department strives to provide the highest level of service, productivity, sustainability, customer service, and cost savings. The Facilities Manager works directly with the Director of Facilities on strategically planning day-to-day operations in the Department. The following personnel will report directly to the Facilities Manager: Facilities Assistant Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Grounds Supervisor and the Custodial Supervisor.
- Manage the administrative operations of the department in consultation with the Facilities Director
- Ensure that our customer always comes first. In a timely manner, the Facilities Manager will act accordingly in response to calls from faculty, staff, parents, vendors, general contractors, administrators, and others who are either asking questions or needing assistance on a facilities matter
- Maintain the Computerize Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) database and maintain communications and follow-ups with the requestor on status.
- Minimize downtime by quickly responding to calls and requests and identifying the necessary resources to assign to work orders, problems or issues
- Maintain the Computerize Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) database and maintains communication and follow-up with the requestor on status, delays and ensures the task has been completed to satisfaction. Produce outstanding request reports to help ensure customer requests are being completed in a timely manner.
- Perform and influence a variety of functions within the Facilities Department and impact all aspects of the department
- Responsible to help ensure the success and smooth transition of communication among Facilities divisions and other school departments
- Work with different Facilities divisions to ensure divisions are following correct purchasing procedures, and every invoice has been properly coded
- Work with the Custodial Supervisor to develop and maintain short- and long-term cleaning project schedules
- Anticipate and identify custodial needs and ensures custodial needs are being tracked and managed
- Provide administrative, scheduling, and technical support to the Custodial Department.
- Meeting with custodial staff to inform staff about school policies, performance goals, upcoming events, and other information on an ongoing basis
- Acts as liaison between Facilities divisions (Grounds, Custodial, Maintenance, Shipping/Receiving) in an effort to provide a "one-stop-shop" experience to customers. Handles communication, requests and correspondence between School and Facilities departments
- Supplies support to the Director of Facilities and fills in the Director's absence
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Minimum 5-7 year facilities experience as a Facilities Manager or Assistant Facilities Manager - Independent School experience a plus.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Previous Computerized Maintenance Management Software experience desired
- Demonstrated experience responding appropriately to calls from faculty, staff, parents, vendors, general contractors, and others regarding a variety of facilities-related issues and recording information in database.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other computer programs as needed.
- Maintains purchase orders and files for Facilities.
- Experience with purchasing, inventory control, and requisitions
- Maintain effective and professional working relations with parents, faculty, staff, administration and contractors
- Effectively communicates orally, in writing and electronically
- Ability to maintain efficiency, organization, and flexibility in a strong service environment, under pressure, subject to frequently changing priorities
- Use of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and flexibility when working with all members of the Brentwood School Community
- Ability to make quick, sound decisions
- Establishes and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of the Facilities Department and Brentwood School Community
- Other duties as assigned
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all-inclusive. The Director of Facilities, Chief Financial & Operations Officer or Head of School may assign other duties to meet the mission requirements of the School.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent sitting
- Regularly uses close and distance vision
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Near-visual acuity needed to read a variety of electronic and paper documents
- Turns, bends and reaches
- Works in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments in a variety of weather conditions
- Works in different locations around east and west campuses
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in emergencies or tense situations
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Good listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess good analytical and assessment skills
- Possess sound decision-making skills
- Exercise good judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A Sense of humor
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should contact: