Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Grounds Supervisor to begin in as soon as possible. The School's grounds include, but are not limited to, succulent gardens, landscaped areas specializing in drought resistant plants and cacti, roadways and paths, irrigation systems, athletic fields, tennis courts, running tracks, and other recreational facilities. We are looking for an individual with grounds supervisor experience, preferably in a school environment. This is a "hands-on" position where the Grounds Supervisor will work alongside the Grounds Crew under his/her direction. An ideal candidate will have strong grounds and campus management experience, well developed people skills, and a history of providing the highest level of customer service.
Planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day grounds crew in order to provide high levels cleanliness, beauty, and maintenance of the school's grounds on the East and West Campuses
Maintain athletic fields to ensure consistent playability, properly lined/stripped, proper fertilization and re-seeding, and student safety
Design and install new planting areas, as well as provide supervision to ensure trees are being properly pruned and maintained
A candidate should possess the following personal and professional qualities:
- At least 5 years of experience in the ground care and management trades, including 3 years of experience in a grounds supervision role at a highly landscaped location
- A clear driving record
- An ability to enforce school policies
- A focus on teaching, promoting, and maintaining a safe workplace
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work well with a variety of people
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the City of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049