IT Tech Coordinator
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking an experienced IT Tech Coordinator.
The IT Tech Coordinator is a member of the Brentwood School Technology Department and reports to the CO-Directors of Information Technology. The Coordinator works with a variety of people to support technology use and is responsible for dealing with a broad range of support calls. Brentwood School technology includes computers, printers, tablets, a variety of audio and visual equipment, handheld radios, telecommunications and networking equipment, and other devices and applications. The list is constantly changing as technology use evolves. As a member of the technology department in an educational environment, the IT Tech Coordinator should be a self-directed and highly motivated learner who is aware of technology trends and best practices in the industry.
- Answer calls coming into the Technology Help Desk, create and revise help desk tickets, and communicate with users on the status of their tickets
- Help with managing work flow of open tickets in partnership with Technicians. Making sure tickets are addressed in a timely fashion as well as updated on a daily basis.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of computer hardware, peripherals, and visual equipment
- Contact users as needed to update open Work Orders
- Contact vendors for equipment procurement
- Procure equipment needed by department
- Basic Administrative and organizational tasks
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- At least 3 years-experience working at an IT Help Desk or similar position
- Experience with project completion/management.
- Basic understanding of Mac and Windows OS.
Skills and abilities:
- Understanding of basic computer and educational software
- Willingness to learn new software and systems
- Motivated to learn about new technologies and share knowledge with team members
- Ability to work with in a fast pace environment
- Possess strong customer service skills. Must be approachable, friendly, energetic, and have the patience to work effectively with a variety of constituents. A sense of humor is a plus.
- Professional attire and conduct
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Calm demeanor with the ability to complete several tasks accurately and efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Ability to work flexible hours and days from time to time
- Ability to see long and short-term projects from start to completion in a timely manner
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Co-Directors of Information Technology
100 S. Barrington Place Los Angeles, CA 90049