Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lead Fifth Grade Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Fifth Grade Lead teacher beginning in August, 2019. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor's degree is required, however a master's degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school's educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Have experience working in a collaborative grade level team
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Have a successful track record and proven ability in the instruction of elementary students
- Communicate effectively, with students, parents/guardians, and co-workers
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director