Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Administrative Assistant, East Campus Admissions
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in the Lower School library beginning July, 2019.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Manage the circulation of books and other materials
- Assist students and faculty in library use
- Assist with library displays and programming
- Process new books and other materials as needed
- Supervise students in the library/effectively redirecting students when necessary
- Order and maintain library and office supplies
- Enjoy working with Lower School students
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Perform additional duties as requested and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Experience with library management software, or a demonstrated ability to quickly and accurately learn new technology systems
- Confidence as a problem solver
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Flexibility and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to professional growth and to high professional standards
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency skills
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in a library setting preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Lower School Librarian
12001 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049