Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Math Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Middle School math teacher, to begin in August of 2019. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching middle school age students and one or more degrees in math.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach four sections of Middle School math
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students
- Make math meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the math department
- Incorporate educational technology throughout
instruction and course work
Perform additional duties, such as leading a club and chaperoning events, as needed
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049