Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Performing Arts Technical Assistant
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Middle School technical assistant to oversee the technical aspects of the performing arts department and the theater in the Middle School beginning in August of 2019. We are looking for individuals with a degree in theater production or a related field who have experience working in an academic setting with Middle or Upper School students. Experience working specifically in independent, public, private, or charter schools, is a plus.
It is expected that a candidate would:
- Serve as the production manager, lighting and projection designer, and sound engineer for the theater, dance, and music programs
- Assist faculty and administration with technology for presentations
- Train and supervise students in best practices for stage management, lighting production, and sound production while ensuring a safe and efficient execution of these elements
- Work closely with performing arts faculty and students on the execution of their designs
- Collaborate with faculty directors on their vision
- Maintain the performing arts facilities and equipment with the performing arts faculty
- Have knowledge of Vectorworks, Arkaos, Qlab, as well as ETC Ion lighting console and Shure wireless microphone system
- Utilize experience with electrical wiring, carpentry, and rigging to set lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Perform additional duties as designated by the Middle School Director
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049