Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Sixth Grade Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Sixth Grade teacher beginning in August, 2019. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor's degree is required, however a master's degree is preferred. In addition to the attributes and qualities below, an ideal candidate for this position would possess a passion and enthusiasm for mathematics.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school's educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Have experience working in a collaborative grade level team
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Have a successful track record and proven ability in the instruction of upper elementary mathematics
- Communicate effectively
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cross cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049