Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Spanish Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Middle School Spanish Teacher beginning in August, 2019. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching Middle School students. A minimum of three years of experience and a bachelor's degree are required; master's preferred.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach a full course load (four classes) Middle School Spanish (Level I)
- Collaborate with foreign language colleagues and administration
- Attend weekly grade level and faculty meetings
- Serve as a Middle School advisor
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- A demonstrated commitment to professional growth
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Ms. Nasrin Farahmand
Administrative Assistant to the Middle Division Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049