Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Registrar and Assistant to the Upper School Office
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Registrar and Assistant to the Upper School Office, to begin in November 2018. This twelve-month position is responsible for the security and accuracy of the school's academic records, K-12, and also performs related duties and general administrative work as required to assist in the smooth operation of the Upper School. We are looking for individuals familiar with database systems, specifically Blackbaud, and previous experience as a registrar at an independent, public, private, or charter school is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Manage the student registration process from pre-registration procedures and policies through course placement.
- Track student enrollment status, academic records, and the completion of graduation requirements.
- Work closely with the master scheduling team to create an Upper School schedule that best suits the needs of the students and faculty.
- Resolve scheduling issues, process drop/add requests, while ensure classes are balanced in both size and gender.
- Manage transcript requests for current students and alumni
- Coordinate the Upper School exam process
- Provide administrative support to the Upper School Office, including helping prepare for various Upper School events throughout the year, such as Back to School Night, the Upper School Awards Assembly, or Commencement.
- Oversee PSAT testing for the 10th and 11th Grade students in October.
- Oversee and coordinate the publishing of the updated Upper School Curriculum Guide.
In addition, a candidate should possess the following skills and personal qualities:
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer savvy and demonstrable experience with Blackbaud
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Commitment to professional growth and to high professional standards
- Flexibility and willingness to cooperate with a team-oriented administrative structure
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Upper School Administrative Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049