Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Summer Programs Director
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking applicants for the position of Summer Programs Director. This is an 80%, 12 month position, with the opportunity to be 100% for a candidate who possesses additional skills that fit with the goals and needs of the school. The workload of the Summer Programs Director varies greatly during the course of the year.
The principal responsibilities include:
- Create eight week summer program offerings
- Coordinate day camp, sports camps, Middle School academic and service learning, Upper School academic summer courses and programs
- Manage the budget, including payroll and Food Service activities
- Develop website content
- Coordinate advertising
- Hire teachers, counselors, and support staff
- Facilitate staff training and orientation
- Oversee assistant directors/program coordinators and the administrative assistant
- Oversee the day to day operation of the program during the summer
- Identify and develop future program offerings that will keep the summer program fresh and meet the interests of program participants
- Prepare end-of-summer reports for school administration
A successful candidate will possess:
- A detail-oriented approach to work and outstanding organizational skills
- Strong communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
- The energy, patience, and sense of humor necessary to work effectively with a variety of constituents
- The ability to think quickly and make thoughtful decisions
- A warm and caring personality
- Experience in a camp/activities setting, preferably in a leadership role
- A Bachelor's degree is required with advanced degrees preferred
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school's website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
Assistant to the Head of School