Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Third Grade Teaching Associate (During Maternity Leave)
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a 3rd Grade Associate Teacher for spring semester from mid-late February through mid June 2019. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools. A Master's degree/credential and student teaching experience is strongly desired. Brentwood Lower School Associates teach in an environment partnered with a Lead Teacher.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school's educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Communicate effectively
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
- A demonstrated commitment to professional growth
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director