Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Biology Teacher- Summer 2019
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for an Upper School Biology Teacher for summer 2019. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter high schools, or colleges, with experience in teaching high-school aged students and with one or more degrees in biology.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach Upper School Biology, a rigorous year-long credit course, during our six-week summer program
- Make science meaningful and relevant to the larger school community
- Communicate with students, parents/guardians, and faculty/staff as necessary
- Plan curriculum in conjunction with other members of the Science Department
- Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and course work
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Strong collaboration skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, energy, and an appreciation of high-school aged students
- An interest and openness to professional development
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Summer Programs Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049