Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Chemistry Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Upper School chemistry teacher. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching upper school students and one or more degrees in chemistry or related fields.
It is expected that a candidate would:
- Teach honors and regular college-preparatory level chemistry classes
- Have the ability to teach other physical or life science courses
- Assist with the Science Olympiad competition
- Make science meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the Science Department
- Perform additional duties, such as student advising, lunch supervision and chaperoning events, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049