Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Part Time Physics Teacher – Long Term Substitute
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a part-time Upper School physics teacher to begin immediately and teach through the remainder of the 2018-2019 academic year. This is a 40-60% part time position, depending on the candidate's availability. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with strong experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in science.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach two or three sections of Upper School conceptual physics to 9th Grade students
- Make physics meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the science department
- Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and course work
- Perform additional duties, such as lunchtime supervision, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Upper School Administrative Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049