Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Spanish Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Upper School Spanish teacher, to begin in August of 2019. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in Spanish.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach four sections of Upper School Spanish
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students
- Make Spanish meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the World Languages Department
- Utilize educational technology throughout instruction and course work
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school by advising a club, chaperoning events, and attending student activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Upper School Administrative Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049