Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school is looking for a full-time Landscaping and
Grounds Manager to begin immediately. The School’s grounds include, but are not limited to, succulent gardens,
landscaped areas specializing in drought-resistant plants and cacti, roadways and paths, irrigation systems,
athletic fields, tennis courts, running tracks, and other recreational facilities. This position is an essential member
of the school’s facilities management team and will work closely with the Facilities Manager and Facilities
Director, helping to ensure the grounds and facilities are world-class. The Landscaping and Grounds Manager
supervises a Grounds Crew Team with the specific responsibility for maintaining and improving the grounds of all
school properties. We are looking for an individual with grounds supervisory/management experience. At times,
this is a “hands-on” position where the Landscaping and Grounds Manager will work alongside while teaching the
Grounds Crew under their direction. An ideal candidate will have substantial grounds and campus management
experience, well-developed people skills, and a history of providing the highest level of customer service. Working
in a school environment is preferred, but not required.
- Planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day Grounds Crew to provide high levels of cleanliness, beauty, and maintenance of the school’s grounds on the East and West Campuses
- Maintain athletic fields to ensure consistent playability, properly lined/stripped, proper fertilization and re-seeding and student safety
- Design and install new planting areas, as well as provide supervision to ensure trees are being properly cared for and maintained
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities or the Senior Administrative Team
A candidate should possess the following personal and professional qualities:
- At least five years of experience in grounds care and management, including three years of experience in a grounds supervision or a manager position at a highly landscaped property or location
- Knowledge of reading and understanding landscape architectural drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of regulations and environmental requirements related to grounds work
- Experience in horticulture and as an arborist is a plus
- Understanding of ecological principles and their relationship to environmental planning and design is a plus
- An insurable driving record
- A knowledge of, ability and willingness to enforce school policies
- A focus on teaching, promoting, and maintaining a safe workplace
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work well with a variety of people
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A willingness to engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one's growth, knowledge, and skills
- A sense of humor
While being vaccinated for COVID-19 is not required, it is strongly recommended.
COMPENSATION: Brentwood School's employment requirements vary, from positions requiring no experience to
those needing 30+ years of expert experience. Our salary range includes all levels of experience, from $65,000
- $90,000. Salaries are determined based on years of experience, education, full- or part-time status, the category
of the role, and the number of months of worked per school year. Salary ranges do not include benefits, i.e. 403b
retirement matching, paid lunch time, free breakfast and lunch, free parking, subsidy toward medical, dental,
vision, life/AD&D plans, and generous time off. The pay range is an estimate and is not guaranteed. If hired, your
actual base salary will be determined by your education, experience, and category.
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student
body and the City of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049