Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Sixth Grade teacher beginning in August,
2023. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion
for teaching middle school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however a master’s degree is
preferred. In addition to the attributes and qualities below, an ideal candidate for this position would possess a passion
and enthusiasm for language arts and social studies .
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Have experience working in a collaborative grade level team
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Have a successful track record and proven ability in the instruction of middle school social studies and language arts
- Lead an advisory group through planned lessons
- Attend the 6th Grade off-campus retreat
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Communicate with students and families with care and clarity
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school by advising a club, chaperone events, and attending student activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competence
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the
city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest
and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related
to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
COVID vaccination and booster will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
The salary range for this position is annual $69,441 - $100,941.
Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049