Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions, East Campus
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking applications from qualified candidates interested in the position of Assistant Director/Associate Director of Admissions. This is a 12-month position with a workload that can vary greatly during the course of the academic year.
The principal responsibilities include:
- Interview families applying to Brentwood School
- Read and evaluate admissions applications and materials
- Act as the liaison between Brentwood and designated referring schools
- Serve on Admissions Committees
- Represent Brentwood School as part of the Admissions Team at consortium meetings, school fairs, and additional recruitment events (some evening and weekend work required)
- Join the Admissions Team on school visits
- Assist the Admissions Team in planning and implementing prospective student and parent open houses in addition to special recruiting events
- Assist the Admissions Team in creating, writing, and proofreading all admissions materials
- Work with the Admissions Ambassador and Tour Guide Programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions or Senior Administrative Team
The Assistant/Associate Director of Admissions should:
- Possess a detail-oriented approach to work and outstanding organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
- Be collaborative and flexible with a genuine enthusiasm for working with colleagues
- Cultivate an equitable and diverse school community
In addition, a candidate should possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential admissions issues
- Sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with advanced degrees preferred
- Prior teaching and/or school experience preferred
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically to:
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049