Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for an Associate Teacher (grade level TBD, K – 5) beginning in August, 2021. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools. A Master’s degree/credential and student teaching experience is strongly desired. Brentwood Lower School Associates teach in an environment partnered with a Lead Teacher.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of thematic learning
- Communicate effectively
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to:
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director