Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Director of Service Learning - Lower School
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Director of Service Learning to begin in August, 2021. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for service and working with Lower School students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Manage and implement the vision for service learning including coordinating the Parent Association Service Learning Committee, and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders including students, administrators, staff, teachers, parents and community partner organizations
- Work collaboratively with the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership (BCIL) to further student understanding of real world challenges
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and community partners
- Forge reciprocal partnerships with local and global organizations that engage students in experiential service learning and real world challenges connected to their curriculum
- Participate on the BCIL Collaborative and assist with K-12 BCIL special events
- In conjunction with the BCIL Lower School Team, plan and implement special programs such as BCIL Speaker Series and Challenges of the Month
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties as identified by the senior leadership and participate in the life of the school including attending various student events and activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director