Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lead First Grade Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a First Grade Lead teacher beginning in August 2022. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however, a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Have experience in Readers and Writers Workshop, guided reading, and phonics instruction
- Demonstrates proficiency with conceptual mathematics teaching and learning
- Demonstrates an understanding of student-centered, interdisciplinary, and differentiated learning
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Engages and supports students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Creates an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
- In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, the warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Lower School Receptionist