Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lead Kindergarten Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Kindergarten Lead teacher beginning in August 2021. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however, a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of interdisciplinary learning
- Have a strong understanding of best emerging literacy practices
- Have experience working in a collaborative grade-level team
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Have a successful track record and proven ability in the instruction of primary grade students
- Communicate effectively, both with students and parents
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, the warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion:
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director