Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lead Third Grade Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Third Grade Lead teacher beginning in August 2021. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required; however, a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate will:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Demonstrate an understanding of student-centered, interdisciplinary, and differentiated learning
- Have familiarity implementing a variety of assessment practices our community
- Proficient in Readers and Writers Workshop
- Have experience with conceptual mathematics teaching and learning
- Communicate effectively, both with students, parents, and colleagues
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to:
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director