Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lower School Librarian & Innovation Multimedia Specialist
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Lower School Librarian beginning in August, 2021. This position reports to the Director of the Lower School and the Director of the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for working with lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required, however, a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Support literacy in the classroom and beyond
- Acts as curator of library and subject resource collections
- In conjunction with the Belldegrun Center for Innovation Leadership (BCIL) and the Lower School Team, plan and implement special programs such as BCIL Challenges of the Month and author visits to campus
- Guide and support teachers in the integration of 21st century research techniques into curriculum, including the design thinking process, creative problem solving, and collaborative implementation
- Oversee the Idea Lab to engage students in project-based learning that emphasizes innovation, fabrication, and multimedia for positive social impact
- Create professional development opportunities in conjunction with members of the BCIL for Lower School faculty and staff
- Communicate effectively, both with students and colleagues
- Participate on the BCIL Collaborative executing K-12 BCIL special events, competitions, and professional development offerings related to the BCIL mission and skills
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school including attending various student events and activities
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Lower School Director