Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Lower School Part-Time Extended Day Staff Position
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is seeking a part-time Extended Day teacher to help oversee Kindergarten through 5th Grade students. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in camps or other outdoor student activities. Please note that this is a part-time position.The hours of this position are 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Friday. The position is available beginning January 3, 2021.
The ideal candidate will have experience overseeing a large group of students in supervised free play, as well as have the confidence in leading group games. Some higher education in elementary education or camp supervisory experience is desirable. Qualified candidates will be outgoing, fun, and be capable of connecting with children, while keeping safety and fairness as top priority.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating an enjoyable experience for students
- Assisting and collaborating with Extended Day Staff Member partner to ensure that the program runs smoothly
- Assisting in overseeing that students sign in/out of Extended Day
- Supervising students in free play
- Communicating with parents, school faculty, and staff regarding Extended Day students and procedures
- Assisting in setting up snack area and distributing snacks
- Cleaning up designated areas
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- A commitment to equity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to:
Receptionist, Lower School