Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Spanish Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Spanish Teacher for grades 7 & 8 beginning in August, 2021. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching Spanish. A minimum of three years of experience and a bachelor’s degree are required; master’s preferred.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach weekly classes to 7th and 8th grades
- Collaborate with World Language colleagues and administration
- Attend various faculty meetings
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Serve as an advisor
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Supervise, chaperone, and sponsor activities and events
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- An interest in and openness to professional development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume electronically to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Nasrin Farahmand, Administrative Assistant to the Middle School Director
100 Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049