Brentwood School inspires every student to :
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Part-Time Upper School Computer Science Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a part-time Upper School, Computer Science Teacher (50% position) to begin in August 2021. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with classroom experience in teaching Computer Science courses to upper school students (grades 9-12) and one or more degrees in Computer Science or a closely related discipline.
It is expected that a successful candidate would :
- Teach two classes per semester (Fall and Spring)
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge teaching introductory computer science survey-type courses and/or advanced computer science and programming courses (APCS A and/or APCS Principles)
- Show proficiency and fluency in one or more text-based programming languages (e.g., Java, C++, python)
- Show proficiency and fluency in one or more block-based programming languages (e.g., Scratch, AppInventor, Snap)
- Meet frequently with the Dept. Chair to plan, implement, and reflect on existing and new curriculum and coursework
- Utilize educational technology throughout all instruction and course work
- Engage and support students of varied learning styles, identities, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion and diverse points of view
- Be accessible to and communicate with students and parents (including at the end of quarter and semester grading periods)
- Perform additional duties and participate actively in the life of the school, including advising a student activity, chaperoning events, and attending student events
In addition, a candidate should possess the following qualities and attributes :
- Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional development
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal, management, and leadership skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at http://www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Ms. Corisa Moreno
Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Email : email@example.com