Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Payroll and Human Resources Specialist
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to begin immediately.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the payroll process, including data input, time clock management, reporting and distribution of payroll documents. Additionally, the position will support Human Resources, including gathering employee paperwork, filing, and other clerical and non-clerical duties as needed.
The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist will work with all of Brentwood School’s full-time, part-time and seasonal employees and coaches.
The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist should have a bachelor’s degree (preferred) or a experience in a related discipline with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in payroll and Human Resources. The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist shall have the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy – communicating frequently with the Assistant Controller and
HR Human Resources Manager.
Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred.
The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist will possess the following personality traits:
- Self-motivated, energetic
- Positive work ethic
- Team player, approachable
- Flexible, receptive to new ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely customer service oriented (i.e., “can do” attitude)
- Comfortable in an educational setting where student and adult parents are present
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist must have:
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now in combination with ADP’s HR and Benefits Module and other programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- An ability to identify, design, and implement operating efficiencies
The Payroll and Human Resources Specialist position is a non-exempt position, which may require overtime and some weekends if needed.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Input all payroll changes and transmit semi-monthly payroll
- Maintain payroll reports
- Calculate and transmit semi-monthly garnishments
- Maintain payroll files
- Gather all payroll files to be shredded after the holding period
- Maintain W-2 forms
- Set the Time and Attendance payroll dates for upcoming year
- Resolve payroll issues as they arise
- Reconcile and transmit TIAA contributions after each payroll
Human Resources Support
- Prepare, issue, and follow up on employment agreements and new-hire/re-hire paperwork to seasonal athletic coaches, lifeguards, and summer school employees
- Work closely with Director and Associate Director of Athletics, Director of Summer Programs, and the Aquatics Manager
- Assist with COVID-19 related projects as needed
- File and maintain payroll and personnel information
- Schedule and coordinate on-campus flu shot clinics
- Assist the Human Resources Manager with scheduling, assigning, and following up with employees on various required trainings
- Maintain and update Labor Law Posters
- Track and maintain employee TB test records
- Assist Human Resources Manager with annual retirement plan audit
- Prepare and file annual CA Pay Data Reporting using ADP system
- Assist with Open Enrollment as needed
- Support Human Resources Manager in securing employment verifications, issuing miscellaneous employment agreements, handling workers’ compensation matters, monthly wellness activities, student work permits and other projects as needed.
Other – Miscellaneous Duties
- Translating – Spanish to English (preferred)
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller or CFO
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below.
Susanne McNeil Eng
Chief Financial Officer