Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Second Grade Lead Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a Second Grade Lead teacher beginning in August 2021. We are seeking individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with prior experience in and a passion for teaching lower school students. A minimum of a college bachelor’s degree is required; however, a master’s degree is preferred.
It is expected that a successful candidate will:
- Support the school’s educational mission by challenging, engaging, and nurturing students
- Have experience in Readers and Writers Workshop, guided reading and phonics instruction
- Demonstrate proficiency with conceptual mathematics teaching and learning
- Demonstrate an understanding of student-centered, interdisciplinary, and differentiated learning
- Create lessons and projects that are inclusive of the diversity and multiculturalism in our community
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration skills
● An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
● Commitment to professional development
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
LS Administrative Assistant