Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Summer Programs Nurse
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a summer program nurse, to begin on June 21, 2021. We are looking for individuals with an RN license in California, LVN license in California, Medical Assistant (MA), EMT or Athletic Trainer who is certified in CPR and First Aid at a minimum. The nurse works collaboratively to support the learning experience of students by providing students with health care or evaluating their health needs. This position reports to the Summer Programs Director.
Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Providing major and minor first aid to students and referring students to community agencies and clinics as required
- Developing and implementing health and safety policies and procedures in support of the school’s mission and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Consulting with and providing advice to the administration, faculty, and staff regarding students’ specific health issues which may impact their learning experience
- Serving as health education resource contact for students, parents, and employees
- Maintaining student health/medical files
- Filing required state reports
- Other duties as assigned by the Summer Programs Director
A successful candidate will possess:
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- A warm and caring personality
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A demonstrated commitment to professional development
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. For further information about Brentwood School, please visit the school’s website: www.bwscampus.com.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references electronically. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Summer Programs Director