Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
TEMPORARY INFANT CARE TEACHER
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a temporary (August 24, 2020- June 17, 2021) part time Infant Care Teacher. The position will begin August 24, 2020. Reporting to the Child Care Center Director, this position is responsible for the academic, social, and emotional growth and development, as well as the supervision of up to 6 children from ages 0 – 30 months. In the absence of the Director, the Infant Care Teacher may supervise and oversee all childcare activities in the facility.
- Implement operational plans to accomplish center goals
- Ensure consistent delivery of quality programs
- Build and sustain positive and meaningful relationships with center families
- Complete education requirements as needed
- Assist Director in managing client satisfaction goals
- Create and maintain a unique center culture through involvement and understanding of the Brentwood School culture
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and school policies and regulations
- Facilitate the implementation of age appropriate programs on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as required by the Director
Requirements and Qualifications:
- AA degree with 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred. At a minimum, candidates must have completed the following prior to employment:
- A fully qualified teacher must have 12 postsecondary semester units in early childhood education or child development with at least 3 units related to the care of infants, from an accredited college. The units specified shall include courses covering child growth and development; child, family and community; and program/curriculum. In addition candidates should have six months of work experience related to the care of infants or similar program in a licensed Child Care Center 3. or
- A teacher shall have completed and passed at least six postsecondary semester units of specified early childhood education classes, or have a valid Child Development Assistant permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. A teacher hired with six units must complete at least two additional units each semester until fully qualified.
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, and customer service skills are a must
- Child Development Teacher Permit (preferred)
- At least 2 years experience working with infants and toddlers
- Current CPR/First Aid certificates
- Must pass physicians health screening and TB test
- Must pass Live-Scan background check
- Clean CA DMV record
- Reliable transportation
Holidays and Sick Leave
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Child Care Center Director
12001 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049