Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School English Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Upper School English teacher, to begin in August of 2021. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in English.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach four sections of Upper School English
- Serve as an advisor to a group of students
- Make English meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the English department
- Utilize educational technology throughout instruction and course work
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties and participate in the life of the school by advising a club, chaperoning events, and attending student activities
- In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that best represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at http://www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049