Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Long Term Substitute Visual Arts Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full time Upper School visual arts teacher focused on drawing and painting to begin on January 3, 2022 through March 25, 2022. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with strong experience in teaching high school age students and one or more degrees in visual art.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach five sections of Upper School drawing and composition classes working with a variety of media
- Make the visual arts meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
- Communicate with students and parents as necessary
- Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the visual art department
- Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and course work
- Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
- Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
- Perform additional duties, such as lunch supervision and chaperoning events, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills and cultural competency
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Upper School Administrative Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049