Veteran Center for Recreation and Education
Welcome to the Veterans Center for Recreation and Education at Brentwood School (VCRE) Registration Form. The 22-acre recreational facility known as VCRE is available to authorized Veterans daily during specific hours. Veterans interested in using the facility need to do the following:Complete and submit the form below.
- VA and BWS will review and authorize. This process may take up to a week, but is valid for unlimited use once completed.
- You will be contacted if more information is needed to verify Veteran status
- Authorization will be sent via email.
- Schedule a brief visit to tour the VCRE. This can be arranged to take place on the first day you'd like to use the facility.
- Sign a liability waiver
- Your name will be added to the VCRE registered members list
- Sign in at the VCRE Welcome Center, located at the entrance to the 22-acre VCRE site situated on the northern end of the WLA VA campus (adjacent to the Heroes Golf Course, the Japanese Garden, and MacArthur Field).
- Present a valid State ID
- Check out any desired equipment
- Wear the VCRE member wristband while using the facilities
- Leave the area in the same or in better condition that you found it
- Sign out and return equipment at the VCRE Welcome Center
Please Note: Some activities at VCRE facilities have limited spaces and are utilized on a first come, first served basis. Priority is given to Veterans enrolled in programs at or residing in facilities on the GLA VA campus. The softball field is sometimes reserved for Veteran teams, so please contact email@example.com if you’d like information about its availability.
PLEASE NOTE: The Veterans Center for Recreation and Education (VCRE) will be closed on the following holidays throughout the year: 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and Easter Sunday. Also note the following dates when the VCRE will be closed due to Brentwood School events: Harvest Festival (Sunday, October 14, 2018); Homecoming (Saturday, October 20, 2018); and Commencement (Saturday, June 1, 2019).