Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find answers to many of the questions that surface for families during the admissions process.
The list is by no means comprehensive, so we invite you to explore our viewbook and website to discover Brentwood School—our curriculum, philosophy, school community, the admissions process, and more. As other questions arise, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 889-2812.
- Does Brentwood School have a birthday cut off?
- How competitive is admission to Brentwood's Lower School, and does it vary by grade?
- Does acceptance into and successful participation in the Lower School ensure automatic entry into the Middle School?
- How does the school handle sibling applications?
- Is there much pressure in Brentwood School’s Lower School?
- Is there "extra help" in the Lower School?
- Do you have a gifted program?
- How would you characterize your faculty?
- Does the Lower School have a dress code?
- Is there a commitment to character education at the Lower School?
- What transportation resources does the school provide?
- Is there an extended day program?
- How important is the ISEE?
- Can a student take the ISEE more than once?
- In assessing candidates, do you consider more than just quantitative (standardized test results, GPA) factors?