Welcome to the Educational Technology MacBook Program Support Page...
All Grade 7 - 12 students participate in our technology initiative, the 1:1 MacBook Program, where every incoming student in Grades 7-12 is required to have a MacBook for daily use on campus.
These laptops are not only a useful tool for students on a personal level, as they complete their work in and out of the classroom, but they also allow teachers to work with students in class to meet the educational technology goals of our students. Whether using their MacBook to access a digital textbook, collaborate with peers in creating a project, conduct research in multiple windows at the same time, or write code in a computer science class, these laptops are versatile and capable of enriching the students’ learning experience.
Students will need a MacBook with a minimum of the following:
2018 or newer
at least 8GB Ram
at least 256GB Hard drive
able to run MacOS Big Sur - 11.6
Apple iCloud and iTunes Information:
- Setting up an Apple ID for iCloud, iTunes, and the App Store
- Setting up Family Sharing for Apple iTunes and App Store (This is required for students under the age of 13, but can be used for children of any age.)
- What kind of laptop is required?
- What is BYOM?
- Why BYOM?
- What are the Operating System and Hardware requirements?
- What if I recently purchased a MacBook for my child that does not fit the above specifications?
- Are there suggested or required accessories?
- Will Brentwood School offer any assistance in purchasing the MacBook?
- Is there any specific software I will need to install on my MacBook?
- Do Brentwood School Technology policies apply to my personal device?
- Will Brentwood School provide any software for my computer?
- Who pays for the MacBook each student will bring to school?
- If I am on financial support, how do I purchase a MacBook?
- Who will support my MacBook to help make sure it will work well and efficiently for my academic/school endeavors?
- Who is responsible for any repairs or updating to personal computing devices?
- Who is responsible for damage, loss, or theft of the MacBook your child brings to school?
- Does Brentwood School suggest any other considerations?
- Will my child use their MacBook every day both in school and at home?
- What about the weight of my child’s backpack?
- How many years should my child’s MacBook last?
- What if my child forgets to bring her/his MacBook to school?
- How do I create an AppleID?
- Why do I need an AppleID?