Care & Maintenance
Please take a moment to scroll through all of the valuable information on this page.
If you ever spill liquids on the computer, do the following ASAP:
- Turn it off
- Unplug it
- Dry it with a towel and/or a blow dryer set on cold temperature
- Leave it off until you contact Apple or a repair store
Mac Operating System (OS)
- To keep your student's MacBook running properly, check that they are running MacOS Ventura
- MacBook Air support page
- Recover Apple Id and password
Back up your Mac
- Using Google Drive for Desktop / Use your school Google Drive account
- Using Time Machine
- Using paid online services like Carbonite
- Having a protective shell on your students MacBoook is highly recommended.
- We recommended Shells like Gumdrop SlimTech Laptop Case
Learn About Applecare
Every Mac comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. If you want to upgrade to the 3-year AppleCare+ you can do so (within 60 days of your computer purchase) on Apple’s website. Don't forget, you can always contact Apple directly for support or schedule an appointment at the nearest Apple Genius Bar.
Computer Insurance Companies for Loss and Theft Coverage
Apple iCloud and iTunes Information
- Setting up an Apple ID for iCloud, iTunes, and the App Store
- Setting up Family Sharing for Apple iTunes and App Store (This is required for students under the age of 13, but can be used for children of any age.)