Below is a list of our overarching Educational Technology goals. These are informed by the work of the American Library Association (ALA), the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE), and the Partnership for 21st Century Skills (P21.org)
- Digital ethics: onlineprivacy, copyright/fair use, responsibility, appropriate use
- Digital communication: choosing and effectively using different digital tools (like Powerpoint, Pixton, Voicethread, Google Sites, iMovie, etc.) to deliver a message
- Online collaboration: Schoology, blogging, wikis, Twitter, email, etc.
- Innovation: simulations, problem solving, invention, construction, etc.
- Information literacy: library and research skills, effective Internet and library database searching, citation tools and methods
- Media literacy: understanding how message delivery is effected by the tools being used, devloping the ability to understand and judge media