It's Our Turn: Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School
Young women today can be significant forces of change—in their own lives and in society. This conference is designed to empower them to take charge of the future in positive ways that influence and inspire others.
Saturday, January 25, 2020
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
100 S. Barrington Place | Los Angeles 90049
Honorary Chair: Maria Shriver
The Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership at Brentwood School
Advocate Sponsor: Visionary Women
Tickets: $25 for students / $35 for adults
Download our Conference One-Sheet [PDF]
- A1. Get Syncopated: A-Class Dance Technique
- A2. Vision Boost: Self-Care Brings Wellness, Mental and Physical
- A3. The Road to College: Maximize Your Opportunities, Application Through Transition
- A4. Girls Get IT: Coding Workshop
- A5. Oh, Yes! Social Media Can Galvanize a Call to Action
- A6. Work It Out: The Confidence Gym
- A7. Friend, Foe, Like, Love: The Path to Healthy Relationships
- A8. The Hotline: Sex, Teens, and Everything In Between
- A9. The Parent 411: A Tool Kit for Your Teen’s Dating, Sex, and Healthy Relationships
- B1. Thrive in College: Student Life Strategies
- B2. Your Body IS Your Temple: Women’s Health and You
- B3. Agency, Identity, and Standards of Beauty for Women of Color in a White-Dominated Culture
- B4. Social Media Mindfulness and Body Positivity
- B5. She Warrior Self Defense
- B6. Your Voice, Your Vote
- B7. Your Words Heal: Writing for Clarity and Strength
- B8. Make an Impact Through Social Entrepreneurship
- B9. Stacks on Stacks: Setting up your Best Money Life
The biennial It's Our Turn: Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School attracts over 1,000 students in Grades 7-12 from throughout Los Angeles for an incredible day of speakers and breakout session discussions. Inspiring, accomplished leaders across all fields address the important challenges and opportunities most relevant to young women today. Students of all genders are encouraged to attend.
Previous Speakers have Included:
Maria Shriver, Jess Weiner, Lisa Leslie, Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Alex Morgan, Katy Tur, Geena Davis, Cleo Wade, Mary J. Blige, Barbara Boxer, Raven Symoné, Allyson Felix, Diane von Furstenberg, and many more!
"It's Our Turn: Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School" is a gathering of teenage girls in search of ways to transcend popular culture's portrayal of young women. A variety of female leaders, mentors, and performers will address issues that are of most interest to girls. Our goal is to seek wisdom and guidance from others, empower ourselves, and inspire those around us.