Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School
Young women today can be significant forces of change—in their own lives and in society. This conference is designed to empower them to take charge of the future in positive ways that influence and inspire others.
The biennial It's Our Turn: Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School attracts over 1,000 students in Grades 7-12 from throughout Los Angeles for an incredible day of speakers and breakout session discussions. Inspiring, accomplished leaders across all fields address the important challenges and opportunities most relevant to young women today. Students of all genders are encouraged to attend.
Previous Speakers have Included:
- Mary J. Blige, singer, songwriter, and actor
- Senator Barbara Boxer, US Senator, 1993-2017
- Mindy Kaling, actor and author
- Ruby Karp, Comic, Author of Earth Hates Me
- Eileen Kelly, Sex Educator and Founder of KAAST (peer-to-peer Sex Ed Resource)
- Jasmin Larian Hekmat, Founder/CEO of Cult Gaia
- Iskra Lawrence, AerieREAL Role Model
- Syncopated Ladies featuring Maud Arnold
- Katy Tur ’01, NBC News Correspondent, MSNBC Live Anchor, and Author
- Taylor Trudon, Brand Marketing Manager, Reader Engagement at The New York Times
- Jess Weiner, CEO and Cultural Changemaker
- Reese Witherspoon, actor and producer
- Jennifer Yen, Creator/CEO of Purlisse
"It's Our Turn: Young Women's Conference at Brentwood School" is a gathering of teenage girls in search of ways to transcend popular culture's portrayal of young women. A variety of female leaders, mentors, and performers will address issues that are of most interest to girls. Our goal is to seek wisdom and guidance from others, empower ourselves, and inspire those around us.