Veteran Use of Athletic Facilities
NOW OPEN: The VETERAN CENTER FOR RECREATION AND EDUCATION (VCRE) REOPENED FOR USE BY VETERANS IN THE GREATER COMMUNITY ON JUNE 28, 2021.
Get ready to workout by completing the registration below (scroll down). You will be notified that your information has been received and is being processed. We look forward to scheduling an orientation and tour. NOTE: Fully vaccinated members are not required to use a mask outdoors. Unvaccinated members are encouraged to wear a mask.
You can reach out to our office with questions by emailing VCRE@bwscampus.com.
Thank you for your service and for your interest in utilizing the VCRE facilities.
Important COVID Self-Screening:
When you arrive to use the VCRE facilities, you will encounter the following notice:
If ANY of the following is true, you MAY NOT enter the VCRE.
In the past 10 days, including today:
You experienced any of the following:
- Fever (at or greater than 100.4F or 38C) or felt feverish
- A new cough (different from baseline)
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose (different from baseline)
You or someone in your household is currently under isolation or quarantine orders for reasons related to COVID-19.
Welcome to the Veterans Center for Recreation and Education at Brentwood School (VCRE) Registration Form. The 22-acre recreational facility known as VCRE is available to authorized Veterans daily during specific hours.
INTERESTED IN USING VCRE FACILITIES?
Please note: You will need your Veteran Health Administration (VHA) Eligibility Identification Card handy. If you do not have this, please go to the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System Enrollment Office (11301 Wilshire Blvd., Building 500, Room 1609, Los Angeles, CA 90073) or call (888) 897-9288.
- Please complete and submit the form below.
- Your information will be reviewed and verified.
- It may take up to a week, but is valid for unlimited use once completed. You will be contacted if more information is needed.
- Authorization will be sent to the email provided on the form.
Once authorization is complete:
- Schedule a brief orientation tour of the VCRE. This can be arranged to take place on the first day you'd like to use the facility.
- Sign a liability waiver.
- Your name will be added to the VCRE registered members list.
Each time you visit the VCRE, please:
- Sign in at the VCRE Welcome Center, located at the entrance to the 22-acre VCRE site situated on the northern end of the WLA VA campus (adjacent to the Heroes Golf Course, the Japanese Garden, and MacArthur Field)
- Present a valid State ID
- Check out any desired equipment
- Wear the VCRE member wristband while using the facilities
- Fully vaccinated members are not required to use a mask outdoors. Unvaccinated members are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Leave the area in the same or in better condition that you found it
- Sign out and return equipment at the VCRE Welcome Center
Please Note: Some activities at VCRE facilities have limited spaces and are utilized on a first come, first served basis. Priority is given to Veterans enrolled in programs at or residing in facilities on the GLA VA campus. The softball field is sometimes reserved for Veteran teams, so please contact email@example.com if you’d like information about its availability.